2022 Registration Policies
By registering for the Sixth International Research Congress you are agreeing to and understand the following policies
- 100% of all fees paid, including workshop fees and river cruise, are fully refundable until 30 days prior to the first day of the Congress – August 10, 2022
- Workshop refunds are refundable until 30 days prior to the first day of the Congress – August 10, 2022
- River Cruise registrations are refundable until 30 days prior to the first day of the Congress – August 10, 2022
- No refunds after August 10, 2022 no exceptions
- In the event of full Congress cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances you will receive a 100% refund
- It is your responsibility to determine if you will be allowed entry to Canada
- Being denied entry to Canada is NOT grounds to issue refunds
- PLEASE check https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid BEFORE booking travel and before August 10, 2022
- After August 10, 2022 no refunds will be issued
- You will have an additional 2 weeks, until August 24, 2022 to transfer your registration as described under “Transferability” below
- Your registration is 100% transferable until August 24, 2022 – No exceptions beyond this date
- Transferring Responsibilities:
- You must inform FRS at email@example.com
- Email must contain your registration details and the details of transferee
- Include your confirmation email, if available
- Include your Name, Email on file, list of registrations, i.e., Congress + Workshop(s) + River Cruise
- Include the Name, email, and PHONE of the person you are transferring to
- You must transfer your full registration, i.e., Congress, + Workshop(s), + River Cruise
- Partial transfers are NOT possible
- It is your responsibility to collect funds from whomever you arrange for the transfer
- FRS will NOT accept payments on your behalf, or offer your transfer publicly, or open registration for registrations already purchased by you
- Refunds from FRS are only available until August 10, 2022 as previously stated
- In the event you do not inform FRS you wish to transfer your registration and follow the above instructions, the person who you agreed to transfer to will not be permitted access to the Congress
- Transferring Responsibilities:
Covid-19 Policy:FRS wants to ensure the health and safety of every person at the Congress; therefore all public health and safety measures will be followed and strictly enforced. Since there is no way to predict the status of the Covid-19 pandemic at the time of the Congress, FRS must post the following based on available data as of the opening date of registration January 10, 2022.
- Congress attendees agree to adhere to all public health policies set forth by the city of Montreal, the province of Quebec, and regulations of the Sheraton Le Centre, or McGill University (if the workshop you are attending is held on campus)
- Safety measures may include specific social distancing and wearing masks indoors, or other safety measures as required
- FRS recommends wearing masks indoors for all persons regardless of vaccine status
- Proof of vaccination may be required
- The Province of Quebec requires PROOF of vaccination to enter most public spaces, and this is unlikely to change by September 2022 and includes
- Restaurants and Bars
- Conventions and Conferences
- For more information refer to the Covid-19 Vaccination Passport Site https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/progress-of-the-covid-19-vaccination/covid-19-vaccination-passport/places-and-activities-requiring-covid-19-vaccination-passport#c111299
- It is unlikely you will be able to enter Canada without being fully vaccinated
- It is equally unlikely you will be able to attend the Congress due to restrictions in place from the Province of Quebec
- The Sheraton will be enforcing regulations on their property
- PLEASE check https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid BEFORE booking travel
Covid Social Distancing Capacity Impacts:
- If we are forced to reduce the number of available spots for workshops (or the dinner cruise) due to social distancing requirements set by the hotel, cruise ship, locality, or country, we will:
- Determine the allowable (reduced) capacity for the event
- Review event registrations in chronological order.
- Any registrations that came in after the revised cap was met will be given the following options:
- A full refund for the event
- Option to transfer to a different event that still has availability (in the case of workshops)
Photography and Video Recording PolicyTo comply with global data privacy laws, Fascia Research Society (FRS) imposes certain restrictions on the use of multimedia at FRC 2022 Montreal (e.g. photography, video, audio, online streaming, and all future mediums). An attendee is permitted to use hand-held cameras and/or smart phones to take photographs and capture digital images for personal, non-commercial use, provided the photography is not disruptive. Photographs may not be published, sold, reproduced, published, transmitted, distributed, placed on websites, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
FRS will hire professional service providers to document and display the FRC 2022 Montreal experience. Attendees and sponsors are encouraged to capture their Congress experiences with hand-held cameras and/or smart phones for non-commercial use provided it does not infringe upon the rights of any attendee, sponsor, speakers or other presenters, or FRS. When in doubt, always ask permission before capturing images.
Audio recording, video recording, streaming, or broadcasting of any type during any part of our speaker programing is strictly prohibited. Anyone choosing to ignore this policy may be asked to leave FRC.
By appearing at or attending FRC 2022, Attendee agrees that FRS and its authorized representatives may conduct interviews and may take photographs and/or record video directly or indirectly of you at any time during the event. Such interviews, photographs, or video recordings may be used at any time in the future for promotion of FRS/FRC, and Attendee waives the right to approval of the uses and any claim for compensation.
“Suitcasing” occurs when vendors or other parties attend FRC 2022 Montreal with a registration ticket and distribute, sell, or otherwise offer promotional materials, gifts, products, etc., to other attendees with the intention of profiting during the Congress or in the future. Only approved Congress Sponsors have the right to such promotion.
Prohibition of “Suitcasing” and “Outboarding”
“Outboarding” occurs when vendors or other parties set up shop or hold programming near the event (in a hotel room at the event, outside of the hotel), with the intention of drawing Congress attendees away from scheduled events and programming, and with the intention of profiting from outboarding activities.
Anyone choosing to ignore this policy will be asked to leave FRC.